Sunday, April 10, 2011

5 Quick Things about...@arcticlass and @justintarte

5 Quick things about...Sharon Somerville @arcticlass

Sharon Somerville

1. I’m coming up for 63, but retirement doesn’t interest me! Not until I know what I want to
be when I grow up.

2. I had a previous career as a social worker; did my teacher training in Scotland where I
lived and worked for 26 years.

3. I love teaching in remote places: Highlands of Scotland; the Cdn Arctic; now moving
on to teach kids on farms in the Falkland Islands.

4. My favourite sweatshirt had a motto: ‘Be Bold! Colour Outside the Lines!’

5. I believe we have to maximize the use of tried, tested and proven technology in the
classroom. My goal: to teach kids how to teach themselves!



5 Quick things about...Justin Tarte @justintarte

Justin Tarte

1. I really enjoying working in the yard. I completed a butterfly garden last summer and I look forward to improving and enhancing its appearance this year. I am also an avid bird watcher.

2. My favorite movies include: 300, all of the Predator movies, Alexander, The Last Samurai, Gladiator, all the Transformers movies, Black Hawk Down and any movie with a Hans Zimmer soundtrack.

3. My wife and I have an almost two year old Yellow Lab named Maddy. My wife was a little hesitant at first about getting a dog, but now she really loves Maddy. I have several pictures of Maddy up in my classroom, and I also have an entire page on my Herr Tarte German blog dedicated to her: Maddy Tarte

4. When I was in college I started to collect coins. I would definitely not call myself a full blown numismatic, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the hobby of coin collecting. About 5 years ago I bought a 1914-D Lincoln Penny for $165.

5. I will be completing my Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in December. I will be 27 years old when I graduate, and I am extremely proud to have progressed so far with my education in a rather short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment