Wednesday, April 13, 2011
6 things about my school.
1. We don’t have any cross-town school rivals. We are the only game in town.
If we want to play a sport against another high school, we have to fly to them or they fly to us.
2. We do have buses. Some students, however, choose to use their snowmobiles or 4 wheelers (in the fall) to get to school.
3. We do not get as many snow days as people might think. I think we had 1.5 so far this year.
4. Students call teachers by their first names. They call me Brian, not Mr. Barry. (I love that.)
5. My students’ first language is Inuktitut.
6. The grade nines go on 2 "day" trips a year. The first trip we learn how to build an Igloo; The second trip we go ice fishing. This happens in April.