Thursday, June 30, 2011

I prefer reading shorter blog posts; That's just the way it is with me.

Most of my favourite blog posts are short. Seth Godin and Joe Bower write excellent short posts. I love short posts; Much more so than long posts. Why? I like brevity; I like things to the point; Just tell me what you think. Write it short and I will read it; Write a long post and, unless you are an amazing writer, my mind wanders off. In the end I only skim. I know you don’t want me to skim your post so just give me the juice. That’s just the way it is with me.

3 comments:

  1. Here's the tough part for me:

    I love to read short posts, but I love to write longer posts. I love to string together three stories and meander around a theme. And my all-time favorite blogger, Michael Doyle, writes even longer posts than mine.

    I have a hunch that people prefer short posts and that puts me in a bind: Is blogging primarily a method of reaching more people or reaching people in a voice that is mind. I meander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both long and short are needed; content determines length. Hemingway write novels and short stories. Rush creates both long and short songs...For me, the issue is not long or short;rather the issue is superfluous words getting in the way...

    ReplyDelete